Social Security Ruling on Fibromyalgia

I recently received word that the SS administration has now included Fibromyalgia as a debilitating condition.

The link for the ruling and the components to meet the finding of disability are: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2012/07/25/2012-17936/social-security-ruling-ssr-12-2p-titles-ii-and-xvi-evaluation-of-fibromyalgia#h-8.

you can also find it on at www.federal register.gov.

A win for us!!

Thank you for sharing this info, it is debilitating, I just lost my full time job, one I have done for 25 years, I loved my job! I made great money ! I certainly would not choose to be poor, at home in pain , scheduling when I can shower, or go to the grocery store, forget a social life !!! No one seems to get it ! This news bring a glimmer or hope :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. I am sending it to my lawyer now.

OMG, thank God, thank God!!! Hooray for every poor soul who's suffering from this and I hope it helps them get accepted sooner (looking at you, MoMerrill, and Eeyorelover.)

Kinda makes sense, given that the Red Cross won't accept blood from others with CE/CFS. Now if only THOSE poor souls will also get the same treatment from the government.

Now if I can only get my rheumy to put a DEFINITE dx of fibro, instead of "I think it's probably fibro," along with giving me all kinds of info about fibro, I'll be a happier camper.

Whoo hoo!

I just read through the article and I'm so excited about its validating tone regarding fibromyalgia!

I have also just begun the process to the SS for disability. I fit all the requirements plus so....i will keep you informed

Oh Dee, that's awful! I'm so sorry about the loss of your beloved job. And for all of your other losses too. I feel so badly for you. But maybe people are starting to get it if Social Security has acknowledged this as a disability. That's a big step forward. And an important one, so those who are too incapacitated to work can finally quit and still have a small amount of money.