Swelling

I helped some friends this weekend with prepping & caulking their new home. I use to be a painter but fibromyalgia took over my life… Both my hands are inflamed from the repetitive work 2 days in a row but my right hand has blown up like a balloon and is so swollen it burns and feels like it’s on fire. What do you do when your inflammation is bad??

Elevation and rest usually makes it go away. I have the same trouble with edema, warmth, and itchy/burning pain. I take my pain med and let it pass.

Hi Kathy,

Sorry you are having this trouble. Do you have arthritis also? If so, arthritis can have swelling but you might want to see your doctor to confirm why this is happening.

Hope you get some relief.

Hugs,
QW

Hi Kathy, you might want to check with your doctor. When I have swelling, I soak in Epsom salt baths, it seems to help. As does elevating and resting. Please keep us updated on how you are doing. Hugs.

Hello ladies…
Thank you for your comments. Yes I do have arthritis as well. I did soak in an Epsom bath last night as well as take my meds and some ibuprofen. My hand is still swollen but doesn’t feel as tight as it did yesterday. I definitely feel a little relief, not much but it doesn’t burn as much as it did. It’s raining bad here in Florida today so the weather really isn’t helping. I’m grateful for having the day off and being able to rest. I have my arthritis hand braces on today and been using ice pack on my right hand. I go to the doctors at the end of the month but I did take pics so I can show him.