Venting through the pain

Hey all,

I have been so calm and collected during all this pain. Today I just want to scream make it stop! I hate being in pain, even more so, I hate how it limits me on what I can do! My Sister is getting marrid tomorrow 3 hours away, and I can't go because I can't do the car ride! It really sucks, my back is killing me, with pains that shoot down my leg! then my elbow starts, then my knees, then shoulders, I cant keep up with all the pain, and my bone Dr,, will only give me muscle relaxers, My RA Dr is on vac for the weekend... I pray I make it through to Monday. Geez, I hate this!

Hi Jackie, I too, cannot tolerate riding in a car for long periods at a time. I do some things that help me though. I leave an hour before I normally would, to allow myself time to get out and stretch and walk around for about ten to fifteen minutes before getting back in the car. I also bought one of those donut pillows, from a medical supply store, to sit on in the car. It takes the pressure of my Sciatic nerve. And it makes the trip so much easier. Those are some suggestions that might help you, so that you can go to your sisters wedding. You don't need a prescription to get the donut pillow. It's made of foam and it does help. I think they are about 15 to 20 dollars. I can't remember for sure right now. Hope this helps!

Hugs, Vicky

Hey Jackie,
It’s ok we all need to vent. I totally get what your saying, and I’m so sorry that your in this much pain. Car rides for extended periods of time are definitely hard to cope with. I recently took a road trip to Cali to see my extended family and have been paying for it with even more intense pain ever since. You have to take care of yourself first and do only what you know you can do.
Praying that your pain decreases very soon! Prayers and blessings!

thank you~

Jackie, you just vent all you want to. It's terribly difficult to give up the things we want to do, and were able to do so easily before this all started. There are so many things I can't do any more.

Shynsweet, that is great advice. Getting out of the car and stretching can make a difference for traveling.

I read this article recently about "Dread and Pain with Fibro". (Link below.) I think of it more as anticipation than dread. Whenever I have a big event coming up my pain level shoots through the roof! Depending on the event, it could be weeks in advance. I wonder if some of your pain is a result of thinking about the wedding and trying to weigh out if you should or if you shouldn't go. Perhaps even just knowing that you will be absent from this event. I just turn into a tense ball of pain. Maybe that's where you are right now. Maybe not.

I certainly sympathize with you Jackie. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Can you take a warm bath with Epsom Salts and Baking Soda? That might comfort you.

Soft hugs,

LKitty

http://forum.livingwithfibro.org/profiles/blogs/dread-and-fm-symptoms...