A losing battle

I feel like giving up

I'm sorry it's a rough day, Lisa. I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there.

Other than the pain, I feel numb to everything else

Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement. I just hope I can snap out of this soon.

It want always be near as bad as it is the first few years..I'm 26 yrs long into this and if it never changed from the way it was the first 7-9 yrs i could not have gone on either but i'm happy now.

I've accepted my condition and all the losses that came with it,i use to be into body building/heavy weights, hunting,fishing,building hot rods etc.Well i metal detect now and hunt meteorites and still fish,plan on starting on my old plymouth duster this fall,i mean i still hurt but not like i did all the time in the begining..

Flares can be bad but even a flare up is not nearly as bad as what use to be my normal days.So hang in there and if your still working,well your going to have to get on disability as that will help more than any med or therapy,period..Even if your job is not physical the stress of trying to keep up with healthy people is enough to make you doubt yourself and kick off depression which exacerbates the problem..Keep at it and talk to us,,waynebo

I am trying so hard to hang in there. Just my doctors refuse to put me on any pain meds and just keep on doing the preventative type. Nothing is working. I’m beginning to feel like a lab rat with all the different meds they keep trying on me. I have not been able to work since February 2013. I did apply for disability but got turned down. I am now going for my hearing in September to fight for it.

Yea i had to fight for 3.5 yrs to get mine but that was before fibro was reconized as a legitamite disease..I can tell you the equate wal-mart version of excedrine migrane will work great for fibro,you get no buzz but you do get darn good releif,for real..Already got a lawyer right? waynebo

That’s the biggest problem I was having with alot of the meds they were trying on me. I’m not getting relief but I keep feeling like I’m high on something (cotton mouth, dizziness, etc). And yes I do have an attorney fighting for me.

I know when I started on my meds they had some bad side effects... the feeling like I was drunk... and I still have dry mouth... but I kept taking the meds and the side effects wore off and I am doing much better with pain control. Always give your meds at least a good month before making a judgment on them...

Huggs, Belinda

I’ve been on my meds for about a month and a half

what do they have you on?

Flexeril for the fibro and gabapentin for the migraines

Have you tried Cymbalta along with those meds. Some say lyrica is good but I cannot speak about that as I have never tried it...although my Mom says it did wonders for her.

I think that may have been one I tried at some point. These doctors, changed numorous times, have been pumping me with all different kinds of pills. I truely feel like a lab rat. At times I don't feel like a patient but rather a science experiment or a test dummy.

Hello , Im sorry ur having it so hard...but even with that said its hard to not let things get to you at times but we have to try n find some good in what you have now..We all have are good days but there r the bad too..I am going through a major flair for the past week..but I know I will pull through and thing will feel better really soon. I pray that day is tomorrow for you.

You can talk to me whenever im on as we r all here to support each other or shoot me a message if it's not a good time..sometimes that's easier....well ttul lots n lots of ssoft hhhhuuugggggsss for u and praying the best for you

Wings....the cat picture is how I feel lol

Awe. Thanks for the kind words and very cute but true picture. That's me every day....struggling.

On my way to the hospital now to see if they can do something about this headache. 3 days is too long and I need it gone!

Sorry you are suffering so much. I am glad you are off to the hospital seeking treatment. Please keep us posted in how you are doing. It does seem dark and overwhelming, this disease, especially when the combo of meds and lifestyle changes hasn’t been reached as of yet. But we humans are magnificent creatures who adapt, endure and overcome. Good days will come. Huge hugs while you work through this.

Finally the headache is gone. So glad. I just hope it stays away amd I don’t end up with a rebound one. I was given the headache cocktail.

Glad to hear you have some relief. Hugs Lisa!