Acupuncture for Fibro!

Well it has taken me a long time after talking with many folks about trying Acupuncture for my Fibro. I finally met with a listened Acupuncture Doctor in Ann Arbor. She has been doing it for several years and has a large following. I did my homework on the person I went to and she spent a half hour with me asking detailed information on my medical history. I did my session with her and it went well. I took someone with me and she allowed them in the room during the session. They said she put about 50 needles in my, very painless procedure. I spent 30-40 minutes resting on the table before she came ind removed them. They say not to do much for the next 24-48 hours. They say take it easy, no heavy lifting or stenious expertise. That night I slept like a baby and have not slep that good in many years. Insurance does not cover the sessions so I have my second treatment tomorrow. She said it will takes 3-4 sessions before I would notice changes. I am trying to think positive and hoping this option gives me some more relief.

I have several close friends who go to her for a variety of issues and they all rave about the success they have gotten by the sessions. Two of them stopped going since their pain is gone. One of those friends had sciatic pain so bed she could hardly walk and it is gone now after six visits. The other friend has had neck shoulder issues that has caused him to miss any days of work. He actually went for eight visits and his pain is gone. His insurance company does pay for this type of procedure.

Well, I will keep you guys posted on my progress. As always I tell you I am searching whatever option I can find to help my pain. Each of us respond differently to medications along with these off the norm procedures. Just don’t give up and do whatever you can to improve your daily help.

Also, I understand that in my area the average fee for Acupuncture is 40-75.00 a session.

Ron

Hi, Ron, that’s great you found it so helpful. I have done acupuncture as well and have found it a great help for relaxation and stress management. When I need to decompress I take in a session and it helps keep my pain in check. I don’t know if they have clinics in your area, but here in Boston we have clinics where they do acupuncture in open rooms with groups of people at $15 per session. I haven’t tried the open room sessions myself though so I don’t know what the experience may be like. Maybe it’s worth looking into in your area though as well? I know how cost prohibitive it can be for some.
Hugs,
Laurie

Hi Ron

We had a therapist where I worked that did Acupuncture and it also helped me. You have a great attitude. I enjoy your post.

Thanks!
My session went well today and just chilling tonight.
I just can not stress enough to everyone on here how important it is to keep searching for whatever it takes to help them. I have been blessed being able to retire and have decent insurance. But without a positive outlook nothing will work. I am a listened therapist ( retired) but have studied tons of material on pain and positive attitudes. I am like many of you and wake up feeling just terrible but I force myself to set a daily schedule to keep me on track. I do adjust it when winter comes and the days get shorter, but it has helped me so much. I know first hand that many mornings totally ( suck) but I look in the mirror and tell myself I will make the most of it and give myself a good kick in the butt. I realize having not to worry a lot about money and insurance bills it is different for me since I realize many on here do not have my situation. Since my Fibro really didn’t get that bad until later in life financially saved me where many of you are much younger you don’t have enough years in at work to retire. Even with that said, I still have deductibles to pay for doctors and the prescription policy I have only pays a percentage. So I am able to deduct a percentage on my taxes. Also, I have adjusted my lifestyle to save hitch means I cook at home 95% of the time. I found that the fast food route is expensive and is not healthy. Plus, it makes me get off my fanny to fix a meal and found that I can even invite friends over to eat with me plus it helps me fill my day. Living alone can be thought, but you make the best of it.

I am glad acupuncture has worked so well for all of you. It is something I have considered for myself.

I have a question for all of you who have done it… When you were researching which acupuncturist to go to, what were you looking for? How did you decide which acupuncturist would be best for you?

HI

Their is a national regestry that you can google. Also if you know someone in your area you should be able to google their name and get reviews and the educational background.

Hello,

I looked at how long they have been in business, that they were Chinese trained which I was told was the best. I also looked to find reviews.

DKeng said:

I am glad acupuncture has worked so well for all of you. It is something I have considered for myself.

I have a question for all of you who have done it… When you were researching which acupuncturist to go to, what were you looking for? How did you decide which acupuncturist would be best for you?

Thanks for the answers!

1 Like