Chest pain

I have fibro and my pain moves around my body daily. It moves anywhere from my shoulder to my arm, to may neck, to my head, then my wrist or ankle, my knee or upper thigh… All of these pains are annoying and painful, but the worst is the chest pain. No matter where else I have pain, I always seem to have it in my chest. It of course moves around there too. It will be a sharp stabbing on on side, then move to my rib, then i will get an inner ache in the middle of my chest. Even thought I was diagnosed with fibro, i have been to the doctor at least 5 times alone just for the chest pain- thinking I am going to have a heart attack. Every time they reassure me it is not related to my heart. But it is still scary. Anyone else have these issues?!

Yes! This was one of the first issues I ever had. Ive even been hospitalized because my chest pain was so bad I couldnt breathe. It is always tender and hurts on a daily basis. Sorry to hear this is an ongoing problem for you too… I realize how terrible it is.

Thank you for responding!!! I also get really bad TMJ pain. Just another symptom of Fibro I guess. It is nice to hear that other people have the same issues, it makes me feel not so alone. (Not that its good that other people have to go through this same horrible disease). Do you ever get heart palpitations?

Yes, and I have TMJ too…
I seem to get heart palps when im really worked up and in a lot of pain, so maybe its just a side effect of being stressed.

My first go-round with fibro before I even knew what fibro was… was with costochrondritis. It is a condition that affect the tissue surrounding the ribs. It causes a TON of pain, and yes, definitely can make you think it’s a heart attack. They checked my heart, my lungs, and my digestive system before figuring it out. Ice packs and heat both help, as do anti-inflammatories. Not saying that’s what you have, but I’ve had similar symptoms. The tenderness in that area can make everything so much more painful. Simple gases of gas translated to stabbing pains in my ribs and my back.

I get heart palpitations when I’m stressed, but also when I’m low on electrolytes or potassium. Finding the right balance of supplements can help, as does stress reduction. (How on earth are we supposed to NOT stress when in pain?!? I still have to answer that one… I’m trying meditation).

Hope you feel better! Gentle hugs and good thoughts your way

1 Like

Thanks for the information! Yes i do think it is costochrondritis! I agree- it is hard not to feel stressed when in pain all the time!