Desperately looking for any answers

Hi all I am new here and so glad that I stumbled upon this site. I have a question. I had the flu beginning the Sunday before Labor Day. I ran fever about 101for a couple of days and then in started tapering off. I went a day or 2 with no fever. Aches and pains never left. All this week I have run low grade in the late afternoon into evening. I feel fine until the fever kicks back in and then it feels like I have the flu all over again. Has anyone experienced this? I am going to try to get into the doc tomorrow.

Thank you Lovett for your reply. It is reassuring to know that there are people out there that I can chat with that understand. God love my husband he tries but it is difficult. He takes very good care of me, when I let him.

I will keep you posted after my appt. tomorrow.

Thanks so much. Hugs

hi Lorraine. I am glad you will get in to see the doc and check things out. I have had flu symptoms for the good part of 28 years as i was diagnosed with a severe case of CFIDS - chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome, a multi -symptom ed illness. the good news is that i am no longer bedridden with everything under the sun happening to me for the first 10 years.I will be keeping you in my good thoughts and prayers that you get some answers and feel better soon. HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS

Suzie

I have lupus and fibro too, at times it feels like I've had the flu forever I run low grade temps and everything hurts, the other part for me anyway is I can no longer distinguish whats caused by the lupus or whats caused by the fibro they seem to run together. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

At the onset if my fibro I had cold symptoms and a low grade fever for months. To this day anything going in in my body rages and I still get a low grade fever. Now it passes faster. The more I can be up and about…moving the better for me. I try to make sure I do something extra, something kind for someone else. I try to get out in the sunshine and surround myself with happy people who have compassion for syndrome and symptoms. The more I eat healthy foods (very little grains and gluten) the more I walk in the sunlight the better I feel.
There is hope!
Namaste
Stephanie

UPDATE

Thank you all for your responses. It helps to know that there are others out there that understand and freely send encouragement.

I went to the doctor today, I have a secondary viral infection from the flu. It is not only causing the fever in the late afternoon and evening, but also causing the fibro and lupus to flare big time. I guess, deep down I already knew that but now I feel better knowing that I went to the doctor and had everything checked out. I have to lay low this weekend and If I am still running fever come Monday I have to give them a call. I don't know what more they can do but, Praying that all will be fine come Monday. (((Hugs)))

Well Temp started going back up and ended up at the doctors office again today. Did you ever feel like you should'

have a standing appointment?? Anyway, seems that I have a parainfluenza. what is that you ask, so did I. Basically it

is any upper respiratory infection that has the same symptoms as the flu. I have bronchitis, no signs of pneumonia,

and a possible UTI. Waiting for the culture to come back. Stronger antibiotic, lots of fluids, and more Rest! I am

really getting tired of seeing the same 4 walls. Praying that this will finally put me onto the road to recovery.

Hugs

Oh, I am sorry to hear that. I hope you are feeling better quickly. When I get tired of the same 4 walls, I move to the couch . . . gives me a new window to look out of at least. HUGS.