Heading to the ER

Just getting sicker as I sit here. Don't think I can wait until Monday afternoon for a catscan. I'm going to go ahead and go to the ER, although I hate going there if its not an absolute emergency. I always feel guilty for doing something to take care of myself...ugh. Anyway, head there, to see if they can find out whats wrong, and if its truly kidney stones, then be able to take care of it now. Or, if its a kidney infection then start on antibiotics now. Monday is a long time to wait.

Hugs, Vicky

That's a good plan, Vicky. Monday is a long time to wait. We are with you. We are thinking of you and praying for you. Be strong.



Is someone driving you?

Let us no Ill be thinking of you.

Oh no Vicky... You are right Monday is a long time to wait especially you being in that much pain. Please keep us posted. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers... Sending gentle hugs your way, Robin

Vicky, Monday is a long time to wait if you are in that much pain. I will keep you in my prayers. I'm also sending positive thoughts your was. I hope you are feeling better soon.


Sending hugs and prayers your way!

Hi Vicky,

I think your doing the right thing and I hope by now you will have some answers and receiving some kind of treatment to ease your pain and worry. Please let us know how you are doing.


Sue (Dreamcatcher)

Vicky, I hope the ER was able to help you with the proper meds for now. I doubt they were able to do the lithotripse, as I believe that a special machine is used and trained staff are required. But they could rehydrate you, if needed, and make you comfortable with meds.

Please let us know how you made out, ok?

Be well!

Thank you everyone for all the prayers and thoughts. I sure do appreciate them. I went to the ER and they did a cat scan. They also started an IV, which took 5 sticks before they were finally able to get a vein. I wasn't happy about that. They took care of my pain by giving me morphine and zofran. However, a couple of hours later, I was throwing up. And I ended up throwing up a few times today too. I am pretty sure it was the morphine that made me sick. Helped with the pain though. The silly kidney stone is still in me. They are hoping it will pass on its own. They think its small enough. We will see. I also have a kidney infection brewing. So, I was made comfortable, and sent home with Cipro, Naprosyn, Vicodin, and Zofran. I spent all day in bed. I go back to be rechecked on Tuesday. At least the pain is somewhat tolerable at the moment. Now its 2 am here, and I need to be at a funeral at 10 am. Hoping I will feel somewhat well enough to attend. I better get to bed! Again, thank you to each and every one of you, for the prayers, thoughts, and being so kind!

Hugs, Vicky

Wishing you the best an all goes well in my prayers Melissa hugs to you!!!