Heat Sensitivity

In the winter the cold makes me hurt , now in the summer I swell and dehydrate very easy . I live in a hot and humid area and it's miserable for me . Does anyone else have this problem And if so what do you do to help it . Lets also add I have night sweats and hot flashes and that isn't helping .

I take a water pill or I swell like a balloon.
Cold hurts me bad to the bone type pain.

Yes I'm going through menopause and since the periods stopped I feel like my body temp has risen 20 degrees lol.

I got badly dehydrated over the weekend and it happened fast .

I've noticed the heat the last few summers. Today the weather is really muggy, we've had enough rain that the ground is so saturated that it has no where to go! Temp is about 85 with 73% humidity. Got a dizzy spell just getting out of the car. The fog from this morning helped me forget my ice water and was definitely noticeable. And it has carried over all afternoon. It's taken me at least 10 minutes to type the few sentences because I can type clearly and spell correctly :( I am well over menopause at 56, but when going through the night sweats only added to no sleep. I take hydrochlorathiazide (diuretic) with my blood pressure meds and stay as hydrated as possible - and it shows by how much toilet paper two of us go through!

Cold is my enemy - more so than the heat. And I agree that we are better predictors of the weather than most meterologists. I can predict a rain or snow coming without looking at the forecast. Another one is a full moon - flares me all the time. Sometimes just a bit - others a fullblown down and out one. Gotta go - getting so frustrated with myself.

Cold makes me feel as though my bones are being beaten with a sledgehammer, but this also happens when huge storms are building, like when hurricanes are on the coast and we get the tornado and sheer wind spin offs. Low barometric pressure and cold are the worst.

Hot and humid weather just wears me out! I was out with the grandson extensively yesterday and some today, and tired very quickly. Like someone else mentioned, it's like watching lettuce wilt! ha!

Take it easy Suzanne, and be sure to tell your ob/gyn about how you are feeling!

I really hurt if I get too cold. In the winter, I sleep with quilts and a heating pad. We in AZ, are having an especially warm summer so far. Tomorrow, Fri. and Sat. it is supposed to be somewhere around 117 degrees! If the air conditioning hits me or the fan blows directly on me I start to hurt. It does not make sense to me but what about this decease does make sense!?

Jackie

For me the heat is the main trigger.

The other day was so bad I stayed up in my air conditioned room all day and still had pain throughout my whole body all at once with tender tissue everywhere. It was a crazy flare up

FOr me I use a ton of aloe vera on my skin, I also use Instant cold wraps - and wrap them all around my limbs put it, on my stomach my back (I cant take the ice packs they are too cold). If all else fails I go in and take a cool shower so I can sleeo.

hope that helps

Hi Suzanne. I know it!!! Winter hurts like heck and summer turns us into limp dish rag people. I have one tried and true trick to help me get to sleep. My bedroom is upstairs and we don't have air conditioning. I re-purpose water bottles by re-filling and freezing them. If it's too hot or muggy to get to sleep I use one of them behind my neck. It works for me. Cools me all over.

I hope you are able to stay comfortable enough to get a good nights sleep. It is so important for all of us.

Hugs,

LKitty