Help during the flare-ups and fog

Hi All, finally after 10 very bad days I am feeling like I am going to live. During this time I think it was worse than it needed to be. In the nightmare that is F&F I wasn't sleeping restfully. It was filled with strange and vivid dreams I slept fitfully to say the least. When I woke up I hurt, and staggered around and couldn't sleep, could only eat what I could pull out of the fridge or cupboard and couldn't say if I had had anything to drink at the end of the day, or if I had taken my meds.

I was beginning to think I would have to find someone to stay with when I had these spells just to make sure I took proper care of myself, but a dear friend who has Lymes Disease told me to , line up bottles of water by my bed, that way when I would rouse myself I could count the bottles to see what I had drunk and if I needed to make myself drink more. She also told me to buy and use a pill planner, something I didn't use. And she suggested I prepare simple frozen meals and keep them in the freezer. These were some things I hadn't thought of so thought I would share. Hope everyone is feeling well.

I just bought a pill planner too, after nearly fifteen years of avoiding them. It's a great weight off my mind to be able to actually check and see if i took my meds, instead of relying on memory (or remembering to write it down, which i forget to do more than i forget to take pills on time...). I still have an alarm set on my phone that goes off every night to remind me to take my nighttime meds. It, too, is a great mind-saver, unless i just snooze the alarm for an hour and a half... :)

Glad that you're finally coming out of the abyss. I'm making the most of my first fog-free day in weeks as well!

Oh thank you. That is a great suggestion as I always feel so ashamed to get up and face my kitchen after a five day flare.

It's funny, I don't have to remind myself to take my bedtime meds. I am taking a flexiril and a Trazodone to help to be able to get the deep restorative sleep my dr. keeps talking about, plus my c-pap machine so that is a ritual I go through each night, but morinings are so confusion and usually blurry that I can never be quite sure did I or didn't I. The alarm is an excellent idea for daytime though because when it went off I could check the pill planner and see if I took them. I hope your fog free days turns into fog free weeks! Gentle hugs

So glad to hear you are feeling better! I have been flaring pretty badly recently and not sleeping much at all.

However, I slept from early evening until 1:15 p.m. today (and woke up b/c I prettymuch had to!). After I got up, I felt almost numb all over. I had slept too long, apparently. I haven't felt that badly for a while. It is almost midnight and a few hours ago I JUST started feeling 'more normal' and functional...

Sound familiar to anyone else?

Definitely from this corner.

I slept til noon and at midnight I feel like I am wide awake. All day I wasn’t very functional.

The tips from everyone are really helpful. I’m going to fill my pill planner tomorrow.

Hope everyone from the US had a good 4th of July.

Sunny

Hope yesterday was a good day for you too.

These are great suggestions. I use the daily pill box or else would never keep track of what I've taken. It definitely helps.

I'm glad your flare has finally lifted!! Hooray!