Joining in

This is all so new to me. I'm really not sure what i am doing or if I am doing it correctly. I am just glad to have finally found a support group. I have been dealing with fibro for the last 2 and a half years now and it has been a struggle. In am a a single mother with 2 girls and 1 boy. My oldest daughter was just diagnoised with fibro about a month ago and she is only 11.

Hello Menmy

We are very glad that you found this online support community. You seem to be doing things right. I think you meant to post this Discussion to introduce yourself to the whole membership.......right? Well that is what you have done.

So you are a single mother of 3 children and your 11 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia!! Well your daughter is fortunate because she will have great support from you, her mother.

There is a sub group for young people with fibro so you might want to check that out.

How old are your other two children? I was a single other raising my two children by myself so I know what that is like.

Gentle hugs

Rachel

Hi and Welcome to the group !
I am new to this site too and I really like it because of all of the support, information and just knowing I’m not alone with this. I’m still finding my way around the site but I’m sure some of the moderators and members that have been here longer can answer your questions about how to manuever around the site.

I agree with Rachel that your daughter will have much support from you, her Mom, in ways other children with fibro don’t have.

Welcome again and best wishes …Darlene

I am truly sorry to hear about your daughter. I understand Fibro is not that common in children but it does happen. I am really new to this sight as well. I found everyone to be very friendly in the beginning. I don't think I have figured this whole thing out yet I guess. There seems to be a wealth of information here but again I am still wondering around not really understanding everything. I would like to send you a friends request. I do better one on one as opposed to some of these discussion pages. Things seem to get a bit lost at least for me. If you do figure it out maybe you can find me and show me the way. Good luck and hope to hear from you soon.

Karlyn

Karlyn, do you know how to send a Friend Request to someone?

If you are having problems contact any Moderator and we will help you. This is a wonderful site, but it is most frustrating if you don't understand how it works.

Please ask.

Gentle hugs

Rachel

Welcome, menmy3. Wow, I'm so sorry that both you and your daughter have fibro. That seems so terribly unfair. But lets think positively that a cure will be found - or great meds - so she won't go through it like we do, or else she'll have the cure fairly soon. Poor kid!

Being a single mom is a tough job. I give you a tremendous amount of credit for doing it with fibro.

I'm glad you've found us and joined us. You deserve a lot of support for all that you're going through.

Oh, and yes, you're doing everything to get on here correctly!

Hugs,

Petunia