Medicaid!

A few days ago, I just found out I was accepted for Medicaid!
During the last few years I’ve been on an indigent care program.
Being accepted for Medicaid is open major doors for me in my treatment.
So, friends, I just wanted to share this wonderful thing with you!
I go to my doctor today, and I’m hoping that she will be able to help me get some kind of pain control now that will actually help me funk shin somewhat normally.
Right now I’ve been barely controlling my pain. Only able to function about 5 hours a day 3 days a week.
So I will keep you updated on what she does and how it’s working!
I do no physical therapy is 1 thing that I will be requesting, I did have a while ago but I wasn’t able to afford my co pays.
As I’ve said, I will keep everybody updated.
Blessings to everybody, talk to you soon.

Hey blueeyedgirl,

Good to hear from you! So glad you will be able to get more of the care that you deserve! Hopefully they will help you with pain, that is the worst part of this, at least for me!

Hope good things keep coming your way! Don't be a stranger!

Hugs,

SK

SK,
Life has been absolutely crazy! Things seem to be all coming together now though, we had to admit dad into the hospital for a UTI. He is now in a rehab facility strengthening up before he comes home.
This gives me time to address my pain Medicaid is such a blessing in the meantime I can’t believe this is all come together like this!
My brothers and I have a meeting with the family moderator tomorrow morning as to how to deal with the whole situation between my mom being kind of nuts and my dad not being so strong.
Getting me some help in taking care of him and my family is the main issue delegating responsibilities instead of me having to do it all myself.
So many blessings coming my way it’s just amazing!
I am headed off to the doctor now, I will keep you updated I promise you that.

Blue eyed girl,

Congratulations! Yes, what a difference decent health care can make. And I don't think it's much to ask to wish for some decent pain control. And some PT. You'll have to keep us posted on how your care progresses now that you can finally access more meds and doctors.

Big smiles for you!

Hi Blueeyedgirl, to not have to worry about that is a huge blessing !!

Having to help care for your parents is hard enough
I hope your dr. Apt goes well, i think pain control, and PT is a great plan, maybe u can check out warm pool PT, that has helped me.
Hugs & blessings
dee

What great news! Sounds like you are thinking ahead and thinking of Yourself! This is so great and I’m so happy for you. I’m sure the wait was long, but now that its here - get all the help you need. You deserve it :slight_smile: ~ Sandi

Hurray for you. I know how it feels to finally get help when you need it. I went 5 years and spent almost all my life savings on medical care until I was finally able to get disability and medicare. I cried for 2 days just releasing all the stress and frustration that I held back for 5 years. So congrats to you and I hope your able to get the care you need and that your on your way to a better quality of life.

The doc put me on an extended release percocet, with the same norco I hav been on for breakthrough pain.
I am waiting for Medicaid and the doc to talk before I get extended release percocet, they want toknow why it was perscribed before it is covered. Grrr!
I will be going to pain management-Im nervous about that, as I never heard one good thing regarding pain management. I will also be doing PT, and a Bipfeedback program which is also called heart mapping.
I was hoping to take another step with my mefs, as I am on what I have beenon, only one is extended release, but the doc is very uncomfortable with pain meds, especially since I am on two very strong ones already, but she is a very good doc, and I will take baby steps with her.