Medication or solution for dry mouth

I know about Biotene and use it but my dry mouth is much worse. Anything I eat or drink makes my mouth pucker. Saw dr today and he had no suggestions. Not thrust or any other problem. Just my meds which I need.

Anyone have a med they take (without side effects) that helps. Even candy isn't great. Has anyone tried jaw breakers. I wish I could find Lifesavers creamsavers but they aren't on the shelves any more.

You might also want to try crystal lite sugar free hard candies. They are yummy and last long and aren’t bad for your teeth. That’s what I used to use.

Hello Linda,

Being as your having these symptoms have they suggested you have sjogren's syndrome as this can come strong with primary sjogren's and we do have a seperate site if you've not already joined... as extra knownledge on some issues does'nt hurt.

www.sjogrenssyndromesupport.org

I used Biotene and it's stopped working, so i'm going to try Oral-B mouthwash which is another for dry mouth.

This link below also may help you as it covers alot.

http://www.drymouth.info/consumer/TreatmentForDM.asp

Terri :)

I have a prescription for Salagen - it can be helpful.

Sugar-free Werther's Hard Candy is good and sip water all day.

Sorry you go through this, Linda. The info I have been through for my Sjogren's tell me to stay away from caffeine, and carbonated beverages, I use the biotene products, but I am forever dry, eyes too, use drops by the gallon!

Terri has warned me to stay away from the sprays, that they will rot your teeth. I use the biotene gel instead.

For some reason, my Rheumatologist chooses not to use a specific med for it, I suppose the Enbrel is the plan. We are going to have this talk next month. Did try the Restasis for the eyes, they surely do help your eyes produce natural tears, as its like tabasco!

Eyes somewhat dry but I may be crying at night lately. Skin very dry. Everything causes the inside of my mouth to pucker. If it has any citric acid, vit c or is an acidic food product (even chocolate lately), it caues the puckering. Dr saw it yesterday. It feels like my teeth are too big for my mouth and I can't help but think this all started after my dental procedure when they injected the numbing agent, epinephine (another discussion). But the dr said this is not just one salivaritory gland. And I have saliva when I wake up in the morning along with a runny nose.

We thought about the med mentioned but it said dizziness and being tired were side effects and god knows we take enough drugs already to do that. The option is to take me off all drugs like Lyrica and Cymbalta and I just have to tough out fibro without any meds to help.

Did that- no thank you. Even acupuncture didn't help me then. I wonder if my acupunturist can help with dry mouth? Have to call him.

Hi Linda,

I've got sjogren's badly...wheather you have it or not i don't know but it's worth finding out because besides your eyes suffering and it drying we out it also drys your skin up besides.

Linda ask your dentist when you go again if your gums are dry...my gums sometimes ache and i get my teeth checked every 3mths he said you gums need salivia otherwise they ache, when you talk to anyone do you get salivia form at the side of your mouth because that's another issues with sjogren's because there's hardly any salivia left...what is left there comes out, outwardly.

Linda i do suggest joining the sjogren's site above with the link i gave you...just to look through the discussions to see if anything your going through resembles your situation.

Terri xxx