Strength in Our Numbers

Hello, Members!!

Our community has reached an important milestone. We are now 4,000+ members strong making us the fourth largest community on Ben's Friends!

Please join us in celebrating by sharing here what Ben's Friends' Living With Fibro community means especially to you.

Thank you all for making this a vibrant and special community. Here is to many more years (and members) to come!

Mods Team

hi

I don't post very often but do visit at least once a day. All of you help me to survive and thrive another day!

thanks & blue skies!!

hilary

This place is a Haven, a "I am not crazy"!!!, a "Wow, that happens to me too", a place to find the Love, Support, & Understanding I cannot find out here in the world at large. This place has turned into my family, a place to find my Best Friend Forever, a place for me to help others to the best of my being.

M

This site reminds me that I am not alone. That no matter if today is a great day or bad day, a lot of people are all ears to my complaining and also share in my joy. It is also a great resource to new treatments and to better/healthier living and habits. I am beyond grateful that I can share my journey and possible help others too.

Heather meowhugs*

Hello,

This was the first site I found after my diagnosis, It has become a great source of information, somewhere to share experiences and realise you are not alone. Many thanks.

Take care all,Anne

this is a great place where we are understood and excepted.we don't have to explain because we know what it's like.the medical staff that treats us don't even understand unless they,or someone they know has it.I've learned so much from the group.lots of advice that the des and nurses don't even know.I've come to the group when I couldn't sleep at night when I was sick from sinus infection that evolved into bronchitis.I'm so grateful to be a part of the group.Happy milestone to the group.many more members and years fir the group.congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suzyq said:

this is a great place where we are understood and excepted.we don't have to explain because we know what it's like.the medical staff that treats us don't even understand unless they,or someone they know has it.I've learned so much from the group.lots of advice that the des and nurses don't even know.I've come to the group when I couldn't sleep at night when I was sick from sinus infection that evolved into bronchitis.I'm so grateful to be a part of the group.Happy milestone to the group.many more members and years fir the group. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am grateful for this group and am not near as active as I want to be. It seems that I forget about it until something happens and I need it again. Life gets hectic and I get swept up in it. When those times come up though, I am reminded why I love this place so much. It's support from people who understand, and it's not sugar coated it's the real truth. If you need a kick in your butt, you can get that just as easily as a gentle hug. I sometimes shy away from support groups because the ones I've been to can quickly turn into a wallowing group. We all need a moment sometimes, but we also need strength and I've found that here.

Hi to all,

Although I have not posted here for quite some time.....I am on here every day reading what fellow FM people are saying about 'their' days etc...

This is MY place to come for a few moments of sanity....as Luna01 says "I am NOT CRAZY" & oft times a slice of serenity will come my way. All thanks to this wonderful site.

Gentle Hugs,

Geranium

This group is the best support group ever! I was so happy to find it when I was first diagnosed as it helped me to know I wasn’t the only one facing all of the problems Fibro throws our way. I thank all of you who are on this site listening and helping each other!!!

This community helps me to feel included and not isolated. Living with chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia isn't easy, and being part of this community helps me to feel a little bit better.

It can be said very simply: knowing you're not alone. When you hear the diagnosis of fibromyalgia, you feel that you've been catapulted into a new world--and it's not the same world that everybody you know lives in. The loneliness, no matter how sympathetic your family/friends, can overwhelm. Finding out that there are others like you, that others know what you mean when you talk about the depression or the anxiety, can make all the difference.

The previous writers have said the words that I had wanted to say...and they do it eloquently. I add that there are so many co-existing diseases and syndromes...that I find validation [when I find myself dealing with those diseases] at this web site.

I learn from these writings how to cope day to day.

And in our case[s], the the patient is the expert of his own disease and processes. We must read our body and its actions and reactions. To care for these bodies we must always be ready to teach, ask questions, and explain our symptoms. We are the experts of our own bodies and its myriad of symptoms.

This site has given me so much. I can't say it enough. I have been able to gain information, help others with advice, talk about my problems without judgment, and most importantly, gain friendships. Thank you.

I haven’t posted anything lately because of having my total knee replacement on my left knee. I’ve been doing therapy and trying to get back on my feet. But I want everyone to know how blessed I am to have found this website. This is the first time I have felt like I was really understood and supported. Everyone that I have communicated with has made me feel much less alone in my battle with fibromyalgia. I thank God for putting you all in my path. God bless you all!

For me...Ben's Friends' Living with Fibro means having an understanding network of people who know just what you are going through, feeling, and thinking because they've been there too. That's an invaluable blessing for someone with Fibro who can and often does feel so alone with their suffering. Thank you Ben's Friends' for having such a great forum of support.

I truly enjoy reading what this community means to each of you. For me, this is a sanctuary, a place where others' understand what I go thru. The members here are what makes it so special and I am so very thankful I found this group!

Hi I don't post very often, but I do come here, and read and help support when I can.

In the mean time it is helping me, understand more how other people deal with Fibro., and it gives me ideas on what I can do.

I just recently decided to go back to work, yeah- over 50 and starting a new career, and with many medical

problems. But I made it thru the school (taxes) and I will start in December, and I don't think I would have

done it, if it wasn't for something I read, on here or somewhere that said, all we can do is sit at home all the time.

Well, I am sorry but I have always believed to take one day at a time. Some of my worse days have been the last few weeks, but I rested, when I could and studied the rest of the time.. No, I am not bragging but I am so glad there is somewhere here to listen, or to answer questions, just by my reading some of the blogs of another member.

Well, after all that.. Thank you for being 4000 members strong, and having this great community..

Taking it one day at a time.......

i come here to give and drink of love.

hugs, annie

Hello, I am so grateful that we have supports like Ben’s group. This is where I come to of I need support, latest information or just share other’s information. It is the best fibro group I’ve found. Hugs,
Candy