Swelling

Hi everyone, it has been awhile since I have posted. A lot going on in life stress wise. I have had this swelling that happens periodically In
my throat. I have given up all kinds of food thinking that is the cause. Right now I am at a very high sttress level as my grandson was born at 31 weeks and is struggling for his life. My daughter is finally coming down from her high risk preeclampsia. It has been running back and forth to the hospital for 3 days and I woke with a swollen uvellala and tonsil area. I went over what I ate yesterday and nothing was out of the ordinary. Could this be Fibro related because of the stress? Help please. I am afraid to go to the hospital if I am sick

I would err on the side of caution and check with your doc.

Thanks Laurie, I have an appointment on the 22nd.

Get your thyroid checked.

I agree with getting medical attention. I wish you all the best.
HUGGGGGGS
Suzie

My daughter was born on a Tuesday at 28 weeks, 3lbs 2oz, 18" long , a low APGAR & had jaundice. She was in NICU for 2mos. At first she lost weight but then slowly started gaining it back. It is a Very frightening place to be! There is nothing you can do but Pray & cry & Pray some more.

On the 30th of this month she will be 30.

M

I would check with you doctor. Many people with fibro have thyroid problems too. I get that swelling in my throat when I'm stressed too. My doctor told me that it is because when I'm stressed I have more adrenalin which stresses the thyroid and since I have thyroid problems already I get the swelling. Warm water helps me swallow. Of course this is my cause but as you know we can have the same symptoms that are caused by different things.

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. I went to the pain management dr today and he was a different one than my normal one and seemed not interested in me at all. What a waste of money. I told them I never want to see that Dr again. They said okay. I am going to call my regular dr to see if I can get my thyroid checked. I have had issues with my thyroid years ago during my pregnancies. Baby is doing okay. They have been doing lots of tests so he gets pretty aggravated. Yesterday was the first day mommy got to do the skin to skin with the baby. His numbers calmed down. Of course when it rains it pours. My mom is in the hospital now. Deep breath and breathe slowly. That is my mantra right now.

Happy Birthday to your daughter, Luna.
Hugs.

Luna02 said:

My daughter was born on a Tuesday at 28 weeks, 3lbs 2oz, 18" long , a low APGAR & had jaundice. She was in NICU for 2mos. At first she lost weight but then slowly started gaining it back. It is a Very frightening place to be! There is nothing you can do but Pray & cry & Pray some more.

On the 30th of this month she will be 30.

M

Scarlett,
Howre you doing? Hope things are settling for you and your family.
Hugs,
Laurie

ascarlettrose said:

Thanks for all the kind words and advice. I went to the pain management dr today and he was a different one than my normal one and seemed not interested in me at all. What a waste of money. I told them I never want to see that Dr again. They said okay. I am going to call my regular dr to see if I can get my thyroid checked. I have had issues with my thyroid years ago during my pregnancies. Baby is doing okay. They have been doing lots of tests so he gets pretty aggravated. Yesterday was the first day mommy got to do the skin to skin with the baby. His numbers calmed down. Of course when it rains it pours. My mom is in the hospital now. Deep breath and breathe slowly. That is my mantra right now.