Switching from Cymbalta to Savella need input

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a good day today.

I had recently read up on Savella (drug created for FM, works simular to Cymbalta or Lyrica.) I had been on Cymbalta for close to 3 years and felt like it wasn't working for me anymore.

Anyway talked to my GP and he wrote it out for me. I am now about on my 15 day of the exchange.

I have been in horrible pain for the last 3 days.

I live 15 minutes away from the Atlantic Ocean, and Hurricaine Arthur just came through. The thing is... I dont know if this is a hurricaine flare up or the results of changing my medicine.

Wondering if anyone else has been in this senero, or one simular. I feel better in some ways as far a mentally, want to get out and do more. But the fatigue and now the pain... I just don't know. I know time will tell more, but I have an orientation at USC Carolina next Monday and Tuesday with my Daughter, and then in less than a month Vacation with my family in Orlando. Just thinking about it is overwhelming. I want to be there with them and enjoy myself as much as possilbe, and wondering if I should give up on the Sevella, and go back on the Cymbalta, or follow through.

would appreciate any input.

Thanks Fibro Family

Melody

http://www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/guide/fibromyalgia-treatment-medi...

hi Rosebud . i pasted the link if you want to read more on this site. i copied and pasted the below

Do other antidepressants relieve the pain and fatigue of fibromyalgia?

There are several different types of antidepressants that have been shown to help relieve the pain, fatigue, and sleep problems in people with fibromyalgia.

The most well-studied antidepressants for fibromyalgia include Cymbalta (duloxetine), Savella (milnacipran), and Effexor (venlafaxine). Cymbalta and Savella are specifically FDA-approved to treat fibromyalgia. There is less medical research to show that Effexor helps fibromyalgia. Other antidepressants that have also been studied for fibromyalgia and may help include Prozac (fluoxetine), Paxil (paroxetine), and Celexa (citalopram).

Different antidepressants work differently in the body. In addition, what works for one person with fibromyalgia may not work for someone else. That's why people with fibromyalgia may have to try more than antidepressant to find the one that best relieves the pain, fatigue, and sleep difficulties associated with the condition. Your doctor may even want you to try a combination of more than one antidepressant at a time.

HUGGGGGGS

suzie

ps Rosebud,. none ot those words above are mine but from webmd.. i just wrote my greeting to you and my closing hugss..

huggggggggggggggggggggs

suzie

Thank for the link Suzie.

I also am taking Tramadol, Adderall, Xanax, Ambien, as well as the Sevella. Feel like a drugie, but they do help me out.

Hi Melody

It could be a combination of the weather and changing meds. I had a horrible couple of weeks with a med change a while back. But after it was in my system every thing work out well. I would try it a while and see how it goes.