Work?

I am trying to work with fibro and it is like trudging through quicksand in the middle of the night trying to stay awake and alert while suffering with strained, weak muscles and piercing pain. The only job I could find since I quit my full time mngment job was an 8 hr job on my feet, in sales—lol ummm- I find myself chugging B12 vitamin drinks, sitting down frequently, and tearing up with pain in between trying to fake some energy and a smile. Needless to say my sales quotas are not happening. As a single parent I can’t afford to be on disability. This is ridiculous…:frowning:

I'm so sorry, Lisa!

I can empathize with you quite a bit on this one. I have a full time retail job that requires me to stand all the time, in fact I get yelled at and harassed by my managers if I sit down even for one second if its not on one of my breaks. It makes it very difficult to function at my work, let alone when I do actually get my rare days off. It is exhausting in every single way, and my friends and family get mad at me because I can't ever do anything but sit in my pajamas and nap on my days off. If possible please try to find a receptionist job if you must work, that way you can sit most of the time. I know the job market kind of sucks right now, but I do pray you find a high paying job that will be accommodating to your fibro.

Blessings and prayers, please feel free to vent to me anytime. I truly do get it!

Hi Lisa, can you continue to look for another job that would allow you to sit down some? I am also a single parent and understand needing to work. For me though, work provides a distraction from the pain most of the time. It is important to find a job that you really like I believe. Hang in there! Hugs.

I agree with Auburnm, when work is busy and fast paced, I find it a little easier to cope and push through the fibro pain, fatigue and fog. It is those slow days where we stand endlessly on the sales floor that really get to me (especially because I am not allowed to sit down at work or else I'll get scolded by a manager). We do what we have to do to make a living and make things work, but I totally understand how real the struggle is.

Hang in there! Know that you are not alone, and there are plenty of us in this same boat.

Blessings and prayers