Savella, people on it more than 1 year

Hi Starr :slight_smile: - your melatonin thread seems like yesterday, but I think that’s cos I’ve been trying it… :slight_smile: Short indirect answer to your question: Looking at what a lot of others have written here, I’d say: Yes, it does stop working for some.
Pardon me for “analyzing” what you’ve written, that’s what I do with my blog/diary…: Based on what you’ve written in former posts I’d think it didn’t help you that long, since 2x25mg didn’t help and 2x50mg only a bit. That was about two months after starting: July 2020? And in Dec 2020 you already wrote that it is not helping any more, which you probably realized quite a time before. If that all fits together, it was less than half a year. And you even needed to increase from 100mg to 125 - Was it praps your adamant doc’s enthusiasm that made you think it worked :wink: So it doesn’t sound at all worth it to me. What you could try to repeat the effect is to stop it for a few months and then start afresh, going up quickly (inside of weeks) from 2x25 to 2x125mg in cycles…

Out of interest I’ve had a look at a third of the 345+ posts here on savella and found the following:
Summary: For some it’s a miracle, even after 2… years (dee_B, last seen 2014, Luna01, renewing profile 2015), which they feel everybody should take (them and Suzyb! ;-)), some have side effects but the body got used to most of them or the benefits outweigh them, and quite a lot stop it early or after a few months because of bad side effects.

Cutting the price (no idea if this is realistic): I can't afford my Savella - #2 by Laura_Weir, Anyone try "Milnacipran" marketed under the brand name of "Savella"? - #4 by Jackiem, Just started taking Savella - #2 by Luna02, https://forum.livingwithfibro.org/t/savella/5144/2: The cost varies so much even in the same area that the best way to find out is to call several pharmacys.
https://forum.livingwithfibro.org/t/savella/5144/3: My scrip usually cost me about $50 a month but it also depends on insurance because it was less with my other insurance I had before.
Savella? - #4 by ShanesGirl4Ever With my insurance it was under $10.

Not working any more (Rebecca, niteowlie): What do you do when it gets really bad?, Sick & tired of being sick & tired - #2 by Rebecca
Savella - #5 by niteowlie, What pain medication do you take? - #24 by Rebecca

You yourself:
"Cymbalta? Lyrica? Gabapentin? I'm confused - #19 by Starr1 Dec, where you also mention starting melatonin, Nervous about returning to work full time - #3 by Starr1 up from 2x25mg to 100mg, after it had not been working at 25mg and only a bit at 2x50mg.

Wonderful first, but stopped helping after 4 months (12mamabear): Have you found Savella effective? - #10 by 12mamabear, Wonderful first, but stopped helping even on the highest dose paid for (12mamabear): Have you found Savella effective? - #16 by Snooty

For Starr (!) it was too expensive: Cymbalta for fibro pain - #6 by Starr

Taken for a year, not working (Rebecca too…): What do you do when it gets really bad? - #9 by Rebecca

Savella with Lyrica after 8 years stopped working Just started taking Savella - #6 by witsend

Increasing from 50 after not working any more: Savella increase?

https://forum.livingwithfibro.org/t/savella/1095/2: once the side effects went away so did the drugs effect in my body (MoMerrell)

100mg is the highest safe dose(?) Savella? - #15 by Laura_Weir