Dizziness

Oh that's bad! Bad bad bad! Is there anything you can do to cushion the bathroom or shower in the event of a fall? I feel so sorry for you, Geranium! What a terrible place to get the dizzies. Stay safe, my dear!

I run into things too! And stumble and fall and drop things. If I don't fall down or up a few stairs or two during the week, it's amazing.

No wonder there are so many fibro headaches!

Oh joy, bouncing sight! And the feeling of still moving when you're not. Sounds like so much "fun."

Yeah, who needs booze with this illness.

At least we're cheap dates.

Lol Bet

Lol. We have a few beauties over here too. Maybe we could swap photos? lol

But you have to admit that boozing it up every once in a while is so much more fun!

Is that what they are talking about when they say she has “selective hearing”? Or maybe it should be “elective hearing”. I elect to hear you or I left NOT to hear you. Maybe we could add that to the list of fibro symptoms (like we need any more) and then no one would think twice when we don’t “hear” them. I am going to tell my hubby that I found that on the Internet and see what he says (if I can hear him, that is).

Lol Petunia. I know he bores me to sleep sometimes, but I don't think this is the same. Very similar though. Maybe its a side effect to his selective hearing. Must be contagious or something... He just makes my head "funny".

Also... bassy music... Makes my head go "mwah mwah" (Not kisses,... the sound it makes). Must be frequency thing.

Well, I felt like I was dropped onto another planet when we moved here. They say things like “it got brokeded” and “I forgoted”. It takes a while to get used to. But, to be fair, these southerners here are the real thing and are about the nicest people you’ll ever meet. And they just love them some Paula Deen and it shows (like before she lost weight).

I can’t stand loud noises either. My husband has a deep voice and tends to be loud and I cringe sometimes when he talks. Sassy, my kitty, purrs constantly and loudly. It can be so comforting and sweet but there are times when I have to push her away when she does that because it just grates on me. She has been such a comfort since we got back from Hotlanta, cuddling and giving me sweet kitty kisses. Tulip has also been trying to cuddle but she is so big and it hurts when she lays on me. She has to be content to lay on the pillow beside me until daddy gets in the bed. I hate that we are leaving agin so soon and she has to go back to the boarders.

I say stuff like that when I am feeling silly and childish lol, like "I need cuddeds", "I wanted something", lol. Maybe I would fit in there. I live in the south too, so its got to be true lol

I have had positional vertigo for twenty years, and it is the kind of dizzy you do not want to have. The little miracle pill that keeps me upright is something I have faithfully taken every night before I go to bed since I ended up in the emergency room after my first bought of vertigo, the name of it is meclizine. I keep it in my system all the time and It really reduces the misery I have when I have an episode. Meclizine is an over the counter drug mainly sold as a travel sickness remedy, but they keep it behind the counter, so you have to ask for it. It comes in a chewable or unchewable form. It comes in 2 strengths 12.5mg. or 25mg. My wife has dizzy spells sometimes and she takes 25mg every night, I take 50mg every night no matter what. We have found that it takes a little time to build up in your system. If you have sensitivity to drugs I would start out with a 12.5mg dose and then build up from there if you need to. It has hardly any side affects, it can make you drowsy, so that is why we take it at night. Give it a try, I hope it works for you.

Yeah it does make you cringe. It goes through you and messes up your brain cells.

Aw the kitty's are such little helpers aren't they. I'm sure they will be happy that mummy is getting help and be excited when you get back again.

Ah brilliant. Thanks John!

A bit of drowsy is just what I need, to combat the insomnia too.

I bathe now. I can no longer shower. I am afraid to now.

My father’s voice and my pom’s bark does the samething to me. At the same time my Pom is a huge comfort. My father has one of those orator’s voices. I keep telling him to lower the decibels.

Ooh, this sounds great! Thank you! I'll ask my doc if I can take it and if so, will get some.

Dear Michelle,

It is very difficult to answer your question, the first thing I do is go to your profile, and look at your dx and your meds, but there is no info, so it is hard to even say. Sorry!

If I were you, I would find a Doctor willing to give you more time and consideration.

SK

LOL, I'm picturing your dad and pom having matching tones of voice. Either a very yappy daddy or else a bass of pom!

An orator's voice would be hard to take with this illness. At least with your pom, you can always just stick a cookie in his mouth! :-D

I certainly wish I could think of something to cushion that area that is waterproof. If you think of something .. let me know please. It's a scarey frustrating issue for me.